Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Judy Brunson's Last Journal Entry

The Lord took Judy to heaven five years ago today. She frequently journaled, especially her prayers. Below is her last journal entry; she was very sick at the time. We post it today in honor of a truly "virtuous woman." I would also be remiss not to thank all the friends from Trinity Chrisitian Academy and the First Baptist Church of Parker who carried us on the wings of prayer during the nine-year journey with cancer. You can also hear Judy's encouraging testimony on Sermon Audio by clicking here.

Today is Sunday. I so miss being in church. I got to hear part of the music over the Internet. What a blessing! It absolutely lifts my heart up to hear our church sing and to hear Frank D play. It is as if my heart takes wings.

It is a beautiful day. The sun is shining through the sliding glass doors in my bedroom. I keep the curtains pulled back so I can know when the sun comes up. It is still a marvel to me, and I still have excitement and anticipation, when I know a new day is about to begin. It is one of God's greatest blessings to me that I always think of that verse, "This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it."

I hope that whoever may read this can always find joy in each new day. Remember that joy does not depend on the circumstances of your life. Joy is a gift from the Holy Spirit. Especially to Trey and Matt, my precious sons, and Hal, my much loved husband, I pray that God allows you to see that each day is a gift and that, as each day dawns, God will give you an abundance of His joy and peace.

No comments: